Hey! Been a few weeks, I know. I have all these ways of communicating but I haven’t tweeted or insta’d (is that how the kids are saying it today?) or anything about what’s been up. Buuuuuuuuuuuuut at the same time… I ain’t exactly swimmin’ in messages asking where I am..
Anywho. Remember a few weeks ago when I was all like “I got posts all lined up, and I’m blogging again!” Well that train got derailed, as you may have guessed. But it’s not my fault! I… well, here. Let’s get into the humpdate and see what’s up.
- Humpdate. Like that? I do! Humpday Update, humpdate. It’s evolution.
- So the big reason for the derailment was Hurricane Irma. It could’ve been soooooooooooo much worse than what it was over here. But it was still pretty bad in spots. If you weren’t following me on my personal Instagram, then you missed out on the play-by-play. I got about 2 hours of sleep that night because the storm couldn’t decide which coast to pass on, so it just went right up the state and what was left of the eye went right over us. Thankfully it fell apart but it caused enough damage even when it wasn’t held together. The kids were off from school the whole week after. Trees and debris everywhere and STILL cluttering side streets. It was a mess.
- But not as big a mess as Puerto Rico. My poor island. I’ve been relatively quiet about what’s happening over there, and prayers are about all I could contribute. But if I know my people, it’s that we’re resilient AF and they’ll overcome their battles and be even stronger.
- To cap off the hurricane talk, here’s a slideshow of the pics and such from the storm. I was going to dedicate a blog post to it but that ship has sailed. Also in the slideshow, enjoy the countless memes that were comedy gold when Irma was coming through. Even with what was the most powerful storm in history setting a course for us, Floridians were ready with hilarious internet pictures.
- On a lighter note, we are currently semi-actively and somewhat officially on the market for a house? Confused? Good, because we are too. Well, more conflicted than confused. We are debating renting an apartment for a year vs. buying a house. School zone is top priority so we’re left with little options in our price range. I’m leaning towards buying, so we shall see how it all plays out!
- If you’re interested in such a thing, I get a little more into our first house hunting adventure in my gaming podcast. So come check it out if you’re interested!
- Also, IT’S FREAKING OCTOBER! Holy pumpkin guts, where does the time go?! Halloween is upon us. Bring on the candy! Pumpkin Spice all the things!
- Speaking of pumpkin. This stuff is pretty darn tasty.
- Also also, IT’S ALMOST FREAKING CHRISTMAS!! Holy fruit cakes, where does the time go?! We may or may not have already stocked up on peppermint flavored coffee and started our Christmas shopping. Don’t you dare judge us.
- Lastly, we’ve been trying to figure out this whole parenting thing. It’s hard sometimes, as you may or may not know. So we’re trying new things here and there. Our current new thing is at night, just before bed time, we all sit on the couch and watch T.V. together. I know, it sounds so… simple. But it’s something we honestly never do anymore. Life has been a roller coaster for a while in our house. It seems like there’s never time for anything once the ball gets rolling mid-day. So it was my glorious idea that we sit down and make family time before bed. I remember sitting with my parents to watch America’s Funniest Home Videos and The Simpsons when I was a kid. I remember making time for it and sitting on the couch and having it be a ritual. Because you know, back then we didn’t have fancy DVR’s so we didn’t have a choice. I actually remember taking a shower and remembering The Simpsons was supposed to be on and we were missing it. So I jumped out of the shower and went running down the hall naked and slipped and busted my head on the corner of the wall. My mom was freaking out and she was like WHAT’S WRONG WHAT HAPPENED?!? And I was like WE’RE MISSING THE SIMPSONS!! Ahhhhh, good times.
- I feel like it has stopped a lot of the anarchy that reigned at night time. Because you know…
- So thanks to Hulu, we’re watching the old shows from T.G.I.F.! Oh hell yeah, you know what I’m talking about. Full House, Family Matters, Step by Step, Boy Meets World, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, etc. You know, when T.V. shows MEANT something and were good! The kids seem to dig Full House so that might be a regular. I’ll update on what we’re watching as we go on.
And that’ll be that for this week. I know, this was posted on Thursday and it’s supposed to be Wednesday. But you know what? Life happens, and sometimes, when you suffer from extreme laziness and a faulty motivator, things run a day behind. I’m going to start getting stuff out again soon, so until then, adios!